We already know that there are many ways to look silly: poking our eye with the spoon we forgot to take out of our coffee cup, leaving a public restroom with toilet paper trailing behind and stuck to one shoe, or worse yet, if you are a woman, leaving a public restroom with the back of your dress tucked into your underwear.
How many of us would take a chance on purpose and maybe feel a bit silly in order to feel better? What if I could guarantee that you would feel better if you did the energy exercise I am about to describe?
I am a holistic health educational consultant. I teach about and work with a healing energy called chi (pronounced chee). Are you still with me? For those of you who are wary about this woo-woo, non-scientific, centuries old reference to healing energy, please relax. This exercise will not hurt you. In fact, it will most likely help you feel better.
Are you one of those people who feel good enough already? Guess what. You can feel even better than you do right now if you do the following energy exercise.
Before we begin, give yourself a number from 1-10 on an imaginary feel good chart, 10 being you are at the top of your game. Got your number? Now follow the directions below.
1. Stand in horse riding position (feet shoulder width apart with knees slightly bent, like you are sitting on a horse).
2. Begin an easy knee bounce with your feet in constant contact with the floor.
3. Comfortably twist your torso to the left and then to the right in a continuous motion. Allow the arms to swing.
4. Start snapping your fingers while continuing your bouncing and twisting motion.
5. Inhale naturally and let the exhale come with an “sss” sound, like the sound of a sizzling kettle.
6. Allow your tongue to rest at the front of the mouth with your teeth slightly apart. Continuous bouncing will allow your breath to come out in short bursts of air.
7. Bounce, twist, snap and sizzle for 1 minute. Pause.
8. Do a simple wipe down; using your hands smooth the air above and around your body in a downward motion.
9. Take a moment to go inside by closing your eyes and following your breath. Ask yourself what number you are at on your feel good chart.
10. Have a sip of water.
What number are you now?
Smiling is optional.
Note: there are many energy healing exercises to choose from on line. Check out Bill Farr (The Art of Unity)